This 4-hour car tour is ideal for all the wine lovers who would like to explore the most important local wine producers.
The tour includes the visiting of 3 major santorinian wineries:
- Gavalas Winery: one of the oldest wineries in Santorini, Gavalas winery is situated in the traditional village of Megalochori. The purpose of Gavalas family is to highlight the particular characteristics of the “terroir” of Santorini. Totally respecting the local varieties, these four-generation wine producers are focused on limited production bottlings. Gavalas winery vinifies the most vibrant variety in Greece, Assyrtiko, as well as Aidani, Mandilaria and Mavrotragano.
- Estate Argyros Winery: The Estate Argyros Winery, located in Episkopi and established in 2015, is a cutting edge establishment, certainly one of the most impressive on the island, covering more than 3000 m2. Argyros family has been involved in wine production since 1903. It is the largest private owner of vinyards in Santorini and the current landholdings exceed 120 ha, a vast, four-generations-long investement.
- Avantis Anhydrous Winery: is well known for its high quality wines that “speak in the heart of the winelovers”. Created in 2012, this winery operates exclusively as a production area where the top quality grape of Santorini is vinified, preserving the typical characteristics of the native varieties of the island, while respecting its incomparable volcanic terroir.
Departure/ Return Location: Client’s Hotel or any other place (upon request)
|Departure Time||16:00 pm|
|Return Time||20:00 pm|
|Wear||comfortable shoes, hat, sunglasses|
|Persons||Up to 8 persons|
16:00 pm - 17:30 pm Gaia's Winery
One of the oldest wineries in Santorini, Gavalas winery vinifies the most vibrant variety in Greece, Assyrtiko, as well as Aidani, Mandilaria and Mavrotragano.
17:30 pm - 18:45 pm Estate Argyros
Located in Episkopi, the Estate Argyros Winery is a cutting edge establishment, certainly one of the most impressive on the island, covering more than 3,000 m2.
18:45 pm - 20:00 pm Avantis Anhydrous Winery
Created in 2012, Avantis Anhydrous winery is famous for its high quality wines that “speak in the heart of the winelovers”.
- Entrance fees: Wine tour/tasting in 3 different Local Wineries. The tasting in each winery includes 3 to 4 glasses of different wines per person. Each glass is from 30ml for red wine to 35ml for white wine. The wine tasting is usually accompanied by a variety of local delicacies.
- Water/Refreshments: mineral water 500ml, orange juice, Coca-Cola or other refreshment during the trip.
- Creative Material: detailed map of the island.
- Health & Safety Material: gloves and mask for single use; antiseptic hand gel.